Monday, July 15, 2013

Tip of the Week-The Cookie Scoop

So last week I was making Sea-Salted Raspberry Brownie Bombs.  The consistency of the center, which was a Dove Chocolate Discoveries(tm) Truffle Fudge Brownie mixed with raspberry sauce, was really sticky.  Rolling it by hand into a nice ball for dipping in tempered chocolate was out of the question.  

I grabbed one of my favorite portioning tools for assistance-a mini cookie scoop.  I use this all the time for perfect portioning of not only cookies but mini cupcakes as well.  The only problem is that any batter tends to stick somewhat to the inside.  I had the idea to spray it with a little non-stick cooking spray.  It worked like a charm.  Those gooey, fudgy, sticky little balls of goodness fell right out of the scoop onto my tray.  

The only drawback?  There wasn't much brownie stuck to the scoop for licking when I was done.  But hey, it sure made scooping a whole lot sweeter!


No comments:

Post a Comment